Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Shanzhai Avatar "Pandora Tourism" Campaign Part One


西双版纳,实景拍
Actually filmed live on location in Xishuangbanna
望天树 – ALIANYA
Skygazer Tree – ALIANYA
雨林之魂 待觉醒
Soul of the Rainforest, Waiting for Realization
2010年5月,真情XX,敬请期待
In May 2010, we politely await your arrival
壮泰,四毛 作品
Zhuang Tai, Si Mao creators/producers


Let's not mince words: China loves Avatar. Like 非常喜欢级了Avatar. Yes, I know it's a shallow re-make of "Dances with Wolves" set in outer space with an internet fetish fighting against the good guys from "Aliens" and should ideally be a thirty minute short film you watch while you're queuing up for the half-day wait for one ride at the theme park; however China still loves Avatar. Loves Avatar so much that you'll allow your one government-mandate permissible child to be a half-blood Na'vi.

Since invading China on the backs of winged creatures that mercifully don't conjure up any old memories of rolling die in your parents basement, Avatar has since become the all-time Chinese box-office record holder for making 73.2 million dollars in just two weeks; impressive, especially for the fact that soon after opening only 3D screenings were permitted to continue screening the movie, basically banning the movie from the general public.

It appears that Chinese are very sympathetic to the cause of the Na'vi, their would-be cat-comrades, who are peace loving people-animals who just want to live in harmony with their natural environment. However, the antagonists in the film want to forcibly evict the Na'vi from their rightful homes in order to facsilitate the progress of technology and economy, actions that some Chinese may ressemble to Chinese real estate developers who do basically the same thing (just like the bulldozer scene, unfortunately). Blogger 李承鹏 compared the movie with the plight of "nail house" owners, people who aren't willing to be evicted from their own homes under coercion of money, intimidation or violence, just as the Beijing News and pretty boy boy Han Han.

The influence goes even further. In the pre-production phase of Avatar, designer Steve Messing actually travelled to China to take photographs that would serve as inspiration for the movie's environment. In Guilin, Huangshan and Zhangjiajie would hike along valleys and up cliffsides, and even went up in a hot-air balloon to get the right photos. That's right; the world-famous carst mountains for many a 山水画 is now where the "banshees" make their nook. Not to be outdone and to prove that they have the Unobtainium, the Southern Sky Column in Zhangjiajie, Hunan province was renamed to the Avatar Hallelujah Mountain, apparently in a ploy to attract tourists (a claim reportably later denied by officials).

There's some definite inspiration there in those mountains that was taken by the movie. However, what if there's no connection at all? Will that stop you, or will you insist that "Pandora", a completely fictional far-off land that was rendered completely through digital technology, exists in China?

This is a photostory posted on the Tianya BBS that “borrows inspiration” from Avatar to tell a similar story of “man vs nature”. It appears to be an advertisement for tourists to come to Xishuangbanna, China as this certain locale is touted to be the one place in China that looks the most similar to Pandora, the fictional moon paradise where the 10 tall blue-skinned Na’vi live.

While it looks like a movie, the stills are so heavily Photoshopped and art directed that these are not likely to be movie stills. Chinese netizens are on the whole very supportive of this post, in no short part due to the insinuated nudity shown by the lead actress.

Once again: this is a real campaign in which money has been spent to entice people to come to a scenic place in China that somehow resembles a distant planet that was completely artificially fabricated. I seem to remember floating mountains, fluorescent fauna and amazing six-legged creatures that could either fly or look cool in 3D in that movie. If Xishuangbanna really is the one place on Earth that resembles Pandora, then we all know where the first place we should dig to find that Unobtainium.

This is the original BBS post with an English translation attached. Since this is an extremely long post, I stopped midway through the story. Other pictures are attacted at the end, as well as some netizen reaction. Part two of the story comes afterwards.


Me and my friend’s pics of a shanzhai (fake) “Avatar”, letting the cat out of the bag

我一直在莲蓬鬼话那边混,贴图区是新人,第一次发图片贴,希望各位手下留情。
I’m always slumming it over at “lian2peng2” shooting the bull, but over here in the “Picture Section” I am a noobie and this will be my first time posting, so go easy on me.
以前我一直在鬼话写鬼故事、恐怖小说,写多了,朋友都说我变得越来越阴暗了,所以我决定尝试一些新的东西。
Previously I have always been writing many ghost stories and horror novels. My friends have complained I have become more and more depressing, so I’ve decided to try something new.
根据朋友一个有意思的想法,我试 着写了个与往常风格不一样的故事,并和一个做摄影师的小学同学(四毛)一起做了个图片故事,现在发到网上来。
Thus inspired, I have tried to write a different story than before. In collaboration with my good friend whom I’ve known since the fourth grade in primary school and a professional photographer, the two of us have put our combined results on the internet
HOHO,四毛同学是秀外慧中的单身女摄影师 喔!
I must tell you, my friend is smart, handsome and single as well as a professional photographer of women. Whoo!
如果各位觉得还有那么一点意思,就帮忙顶个贴。要是觉得文字和图片都很无聊,也欢迎给点砖头。
If you like my posts, please give a bump. On the other hand if you find the pictures and words are boring, you’re welcome to give your criticisms (a brick).
PS:这本来是个 小故事,但是由于有图片制作工作,我们也是边整理边发布,所以可能在三四天内才能把所有图片发完,不小心搞成连载了,的确不好意思。
This was originally a short story, but because of the photographs snowballed into more and more. As the pictures are finished we will be releasing them, so it will be within three or four days before that is done. If we’re not careful we will be serialized, and we’re really sorry about that.

先战战兢兢顶锅盖,发个我们煞有介事做成的海报。。。
A jumping pot lid means the cooking is almost done, and to kick things off we made a movie poster.
哦,对了,这个图片故事的标题叫《望天树•阿莲雅》。
Oh, I should tell you this pictorial story is named “Skygazer Tree - Alianya”


故事是这样的:
The story goes like this:  
长久的办公室白领生活,繁重的生活压力,令我变得日渐冷漠,终日考虑的只有没完没 了的职场竞争、房贷月供。
As a long time white collar office worker and burdened with the stress of living, life has made me more and more detached and numb. All day long I am distracted with running this endless corporate rat race against my competition just to pay for my apartment.
我真的累了,我想要出逃。一次突发的冲动之后,我终于递出一份辞呈,决定把所有压力都抛在一边,好好让心情放个假。
I am so tired, I just want to run away and hide. After one sudden impulsive outburst, I finally handed in my resignation and decided to throw all of my life’s pressure away to one side and take a long deserved vacation.
回到家中,挂上一张地图,用黑布蒙上眼睛,我掷出一支飞镖。
飞镖插到哪里,我就去哪里。
On the wall of my home is a map, and when I got back home I decided to try something: with my eyes blindfolded with a black cloth, I would randomly throw a dart. Wherever the dart landed would be my destination of my trip.


“Though these vacations are hard to come by, I’ll let a dart decide to which destination my trip will take.”

按照飞镖的指示,我来到了西双版纳。
According to where my dart landed, I have arrived at Sipsong Panna (or Xishuangbanna, Yunnan, China)
走下飞机,阳光洒在肩膀上,让人觉得温暖直透心灵。
Having gotten off the plane I immediately noticed the sun beating down on my shoulder, making me feel as though the warmth touched my soul.


“I have come to the promised land, Sipsong Panna.”

离开景洪国际机场,乘两小时班车,终于抵达了飞镖所指示的那个地方,勐腊。
Leaving Jinghong International Airport inYunnan and riding in a car for two hours, I finally arrived at the location as pointed out by the dart, Mengla county in Xishuangbanna Daizu Autonomous Prefecture, Yunnan Province.
朋友说,那里有世上最漂亮的热带雨 林,还有最接近天空的巨树,能够生长到80多米。那种中国最高的 巨树,叫做“望天树”。
A friend told me that the world’s most beautiful rainforests are located here in which the tallest trees poke at the sky. These types of trees, the tallest in China, are called Skygazer trees.


Pursuing the gigantic trees with courage as wide as the sky

下车后,我却并未见到热带雨林的踪影。在我面前,只有成片的橡胶林,还有枯死的巨树。
Once getting out of the car, however, I didn’t see a trace of the tropical rainforest. In front of me all I can see were flaky rubber trees and withered, dead tall trees.
这就是望天树,它们是雨林的魂灵,但这一颗只能张开它的无力的枯枝,竭力向外延伸,似乎想要无声地述说着什么。难道这就是我梦想中的雨林吗?
These are the Skygazer trees, the soul of the rainforest, but all they could do now were to stretch their weak withered branches, somehow doing their best to stretch outwards almost as if they were wordlessly trying to give an account of something. Could it be that these rainforest trees are the same ones from my dream?
随着经济发展,橡胶林大量种植,热带雨林面积正迅速缩减,我能为望天树的生存做点什么呢?
As the economic development grew, as could be seen in the great number of rubber trees planted, the area of the rain forest was quickly reduced. But what could I do to help the Skygazer trees survive?


Shake! It’s as though these withered trees are crying next to the rubber trees.

来到距离雨林最近的一个哈尼族村寨,当地热情的村民告诉我,需要搭乘快艇,沿水路方能抵达那片名为望天树的雨林。
I then approached a Hani village just nearby the rainforest, the local village people enthusiastically told me that I needed to embark on a speed boat to follow the water route; that way I could then reach the forest with the Skygazer trees.
于是我抖擞精神,向码头走去,却在接近码头的时候,眼前忽然一亮。
Thus I shook off my wits and went down to the pier to disembark, but as I neared the pier a light flashed before my eyes.


In the village of the Hani people I heard that there were still a few surviving Skygazer trees.

前方不远处,一位美丽的女孩蓦然回头,她的眼中似乎带有些许哀伤,我见犹怜,心中不免泛起阵阵涟漪。
Not far in front of me, a pretty girl suddenly looked back, her eyes tinged with a look of grief. I pitied her, and my heart was unable to avoid the wide waves of emotion she washed over me.
但她很快又朝前走去,在码头边上了一艘驶往望天树雨林的快艇,那正是我要去的方向!
However, she quickly faced forward and sped off. On the pier she boarded a ship and headed for the forest with the Skygazer trees; coincidentally, just the place I too was headed!

This was the first time I saw her

我加紧脚步,想要追上她搭乘的那艘快艇,却在不经意间,被两位当地哈尼族少男少女拦住了去路。她们热情地端着一杯装在竹筒里的美酒,邀我喝下。
I sped up my footsteps to get on the same speed boat she was about to embark on, but by accident I let two local people, a boy and a girl, get in my way. They enthusiastically carried a bamboo cup full of some enchanting spirit and invited me to drink it.
这是当地的民风,每当有陌生人来到哈尼族村寨,她们都会献上一杯美酒。但他们的热情举动,却阴差阳错令我丧失了与她同舟的机会。
This is the way of the local people; any time a stranger would visit the village of the Hani people, the villagers would invite him to drink a cup of this enchanting spirit. But through their enthusiasm, I lost out on my chance to board the same boat as the girl.
我心中惦记着那位美丽女孩,于是赶紧接过酒杯,一饮而尽。
With a touch of concern for this beautiful woman, I hurriedly accepted the cup and drank heavily.


The passionate village people used the enchanting spirit to block my path.

当我放下酒杯,她乘坐的那艘快艇已驶出码头。我上了另一艘快艇,刚才那对少男少女,也恰好与我同舟。
When I put down the elixir cup, the speed boat she was riding in had already left the pier. I boarded another speed boat when by a lucky coincidence the boy and girl who had just served me were also travelling in the same boat as I.
快艇驶过碧波荡漾的南腊河,我却看到两岸全是整齐划一的橡胶林。我紧蹙眉头,心情不由低落。
While the speed boat raced over the green waves and ripples of the Nanla River. I looked at the the uniformly kept rubber trees that passed by us on both banks in neat little rows. I nervously contracted my brow, and my heart refused to falter.
一幕画面出现我在的脑海,斧头一刀刀落下,望天树轰然倒下,橡胶幼苗取而代之。雨林每天都在消失,可又有多少人知道这一事实?
Images appeared in my mind of a hatchet come striking down, and then of a “Stargazer” tree lumbering down with a crash, and then of thousands of young rubber tree plant spouts replacing them. Each day a bit of rainforest disappears, but how many people actually know this fact?
我举起手中的相机,决定如实记录下这一切。
I lifted up the camera in my hand and decided to record everything as realistically as possible.

On the Nanla River, where fragrant footsteps are everywhere without having to look for them.

船向前行。转瞬之间,橡胶林消失了,取而代之的是一片片未曾开发过的雨林!
Onwards the boat went. In less than a moment’s notice, the rubber trees all disappeared only to be replaced by a lush, virgin rainforest, one that has been untouched and undeveloped!
我陶醉于这片恍若东方亚马逊河的美景之中,放声欢呼。不经意间,感觉驾船的那对哈尼族少男少女,似乎一直暗暗窥视着我——或许,是我太多心了吧。
In the midst of my euphoria at marveling at the beautiful scenery of what appeared o be an Amazon River of the East, I let out a huge cheer! But then by accident, it appeared to me that the Hani local boy and girl were secretly spying and peeping at me – but maybe I was being too suspicious.


The charming and gentle scenery of the rain forest, but no trace of the speed boat that came before us.

下了船,我追寻着女孩,哈尼人带我来到了一片密林之中。
After getting out of the boat I tried looking for the girl, but the Hani people took me to a secluded part of the rainforest.
穿过疯狂生长的奇异植物,我看见了一棵棵高大的树,直插云端。
After having madly passed through an overgrowth of strange plants, I saw row upon row of tall, towering trees, so tall they stuck right into the bottom of clouds!
他们告诉我,这就是我寻找的望天树,只要能够攀爬到望天树顶端,就能向天庭许愿,灵验无比。
They told me that these were the fabled Skygazer trees I had been searching for, and all I had to do was to climb to the peak of these trees and then I could turn to heaven and make a wish, one that would prove to be effectual and matchless without comparison.
当地人在一棵棵高大的望天树间,用绳索连接而成一条横亘空中的走廊,那女孩好象就消失在这险奇的空中走廊之中。
The local people have tied ropes in the middle of these Skygazer tree to make a makeshift corridor. As the local girl made her way across it seemed like she disappeared in the middle of this treacherous passage.
“你敢走吗?”哈尼族小伙子略带嘲讽地问我。
“Do you dare cross it?” the Hani local boy asked me, sneerlingly.


At the horizontal corridor suspending in the middle of the sky, I mulled over my decision.

我怎能让他看低了我?但当我走上这条空中走廊的时候,却真的觉得脚下颤颤巍巍……
How can I let them look down upon me? However, when I was traversing this sky bridge I could really feel the rope beneath my feet tremble above this lofty perch…
脚底全是一望无尽的绿色树冠,而头顶上则有更高的望天树朝我俯瞰,我不禁感觉到眩晕。
The view below was of a endless sea of green foliage from the crown of trees, while above me the Skygazer trees loomed overhead. I could not help but feel giddy and dizzy.
当我心跳加速几欲退缩,那对少男少女却回头低声浅笑。
At that time my heartbeat raced and I wanted so much to turn back, but then the local boy and girl turned back and quietly snickered at me.
我深呼吸,调整步履,终于在望天树间的走廊上,迈出了第一步,然后第二步……
I took a deep breath to measure my pace, and then finally in the middle of the Skygazer trees on that corridor, I made one step, and then another…

As the plank under my two feet trembled and swayed, I walked forward.

当我走出几步后,才发现空中走廊位于离地三十公尺之上,其他树的树冠都在我的脚下。
Only after had I taken a few steps out into the sky corridor did I discover that it was suspended thirty meters above the ground, and the crowns of other trees were under my feet.
从另一个角度,果然能看到不一样的风景。
From this other point of view, I could really see this previously unseen scenery.
刹那间,我忘记了恐惧,我感觉自己仿佛溶入大自然最壮丽的美景之中。为了看到更美的风景,我抬起腿,毫无畏惧地向前走去。
In the wink of an eye, I forgot my fear and dread. I felt as though I had seemingly dissolved into the most majestic, large, natural landscape. In order to look at even more beautiful scenery, I lifted up my legs and without fear marched forward.
当我置身于望天树之巅,不禁放声高呼。只有勇者,才能得到伸手触摸天空的权力。
When I reached the summit of the Skygazer trees, I couldn’t refrain from letting out a huge cry. Only the bravest souls have the right to reach out and touch heaven.


Among the Skygazer trees the wind whistled past.

哈尼族少女在空中走廊的尽头,一棵望天树的树冠下,捧着一束绚丽的鲜花等待着我。
At the highest point of the sky corridor, underneath the crown of a Skygazer tree, the Hani local girl waited for me with a bunch of sweet flowers in her hands.
依照雨林里的规矩,只有走过空中走廊,能与望天树比肩的勇者,才能获得哈尼族人献来的鲜花。
According to the rules of the rainforest, once one has traversed the sky corridor one has attained the same level as Skygazer tree hero, and thus receive fresh flowers from a Hani native.
我接过鲜花,闭目深嗅,一股沁人心脾的异香向我袭来。
I received the flowers and closed my eyes and took a deep sniff, and an unusually refreshing and sweet smell overwhelmed me.

Flowers given to congratulate my success, ones with an unusually sweet and pungent smell.

嗅到那股异香后,我忽然感觉天旋地转。
After smelling this unusually sweet fragrance, I suddenly felt the sky spin and the ground beneath me give out.
阳光透过层层密布的望天树叶片,洒在我身上,暖洋洋的。
The sunlight streamed though the dense layers of Skygazer foliage and scattered all across the top of me; it felt both warm and foreign.
恍惚中,我似乎听到由远处飘至的歌声,还有急促的鼓点。
In the middle of a trance, it seemed as though I heard a song drift in from a distant place, a song with the urgent beating of drums.
然后,我晕倒在一棵望天树旁。
Afterwards, I fainted beside a Skygazer tree.

  
I fainted next to the tree.

天知道过了多久,我悠悠醒转。
Heaven knows how long I was out for, but after what seemed a long time I stirred awake.
睁开眼睛,天已经黑尽,不可思议的事发生了。
I opened my eyes and saw the sky had already turned dark, but through the darkness I saw that the inconceivable had somehow found a way to come true.
我站在一棵望天树下,发现我的手,我的脸,我全身的皮肤,竟然变成了蓝色。我的头上,还多出了一根又粗又黑的辫子。
As I stood next to a Skygazer tree, I discovered that my hands, my face, in fact my entire skin had unexpectedly turned blue. Also, on my head was a long, thick, black braid that wasn’t there before.
这是怎么回事?我简直不敢相信自己的眼睛。
What had happened? I could simply not believe my own eyes.


The inconceivable has happened!

不是我疯了,就是这个世界疯了。
I hadn’t gone crazy; the world had gone crazy.
我发狂般四下张望,却看到望天树畔的草地上,躺着我的手机,信号还是满格。
I madly looked all around me and saw on a grassy bank near the Skygazer tree lay my cell phone; it’s signal was still strong.
一定是幻觉吧,我拾起手机,想要拨个电话确认一下自己是否正常。
This surely had to be a hallucination. I picked up the cellphone and wanted to verify if I was normal or not by calling someone.
突然一只蓝色的手臂从望天树后伸了出来,夺走了我的手机。
Suddenly a blue arm reached out from behind the Skygazer tree and stole my cell phone.

The cell phone was the same as before, but the world had already changed.

我抬眼望去,见到了一个与我此刻肤色完全相同的美女,额头处有着奇怪的图纹。
I raised my eyes and saw now a beautiful girl with skin color completely identical to mine. On her forehead she had a strange tattoo.
她站在望天树下,向我浅笑着。
She stood beneath the Skygazer tree and directed a small giggle at me.
她是谁?为什么她也有着这样的蓝色肌肤?
Who is she? Why does she also have this kind of blue skin?
我心中疑惑,却见这神秘女郎朱唇轻启,轻轻说出了句:“ALIANYA?”
I felt uncertain about this, but then I saw this mysterious girl open her red lips and softly say a word:”ALIANYA?”


A mysterious girl in blue from head to toe appeared before my side.


我不知道她说的是什么意思,只好跟着点了点头。
I did not know what she was talking about; all I could do was nod my head.
神秘女郎的脸上顿时露出喜色,然后撮起嘴唇,发出一声尖利的啸声。
The mysterious girl’s face immediately brightened up, and then brought together her lips to issue a shrill ear-piercing whistle.
转瞬之间,我听到身侧传来窸窸窣窣的细碎声响。循声望去,我看到两个也有着蓝色肌肤的人,一男一女,正从一株巨大的望天树后走了出来,向我靠近。
In the blink of an eye, I heard several disturbing rustling noises scattered all around me. As my eyes following my ears, I saw two people who were likewise covered in blue skin, a man and a woman, coming out from behind an enormously tall Skygazer tree and stood right before me.
他们是谁?我完全糊涂了。这里的人怎么都是蓝色的?
Who are they? I was completely confused. Why are all the people here blue?
依稀之中,我忽然有一种奇异的感觉,我觉得他们的脸庞竟与之前见过的那对哈尼族少男少女似乎一模一样。
Through all this vagueness, I suddenly had a bizarre feeling. I felt as though I had seen their faces before in those of the Hani local young boy and girl; they were one and the same.

The Alianya tribe people ran towards me.

“ALIANYA?”这对有着蓝色肌肤的少男少女,以古怪的声音重复着神秘女郎说过的这三个字。
“ALIANYA?” the blue-skinned boy and girl asked using strange sounds to repeat the same three words the mysterious girl had said.
神秘女郎点了点头后,男孩却眼神古怪地凝视着我,他站在望天树下,不停变换着表情,阴晴不定。
The mysterious girl nodded her head, and the boy eyed with with a strange look. He stood underneath the Skygazer tree, unceasingly changing his expression.
我看得出,他似乎对我充满了怀疑与不信任感。
I could see that he was full of suspicion and would not easily trust me.



那男孩突然一把推开了神秘女郎,从身后取出一把弓弩,抬起手将弓弩上的羽箭对准了我。
The young man suddenly pushed aside the mysterious girl and whisked out a crossbow that was hidden behind him. He raised it to a ready position cocked with a feather arrow and aimed it at me.
我知道,只要他松开扳机,一根蘸过毒液的羽箭就会射入我的胸膛。
I only knew too well; all he had to do was to loosen the trigger and an arrow dipped in poison would be shot into my chest.
他这是要干什么?我不过是一个寻找雨林的普通游客,他为什么会对我充满敌意?
What does he want? All I am is an average rainforest seeking tourist, why is he so full of hostility towards me?
在望天树树冠的阴影下,我无路可逃!
Underneath the shadow of the Skygazer crown of foliage, I had no possible escape!

These youngsters raised their crossbows and aimed them at me.

就在少年引弓欲射之际,突然漫天飘来一朵朵有着洁白绒毛的种子,自空中盘旋而下,在我身畔萦绕,缓缓落在我的肩上。
In the midst of having these youngsters vehemently aim their crossbows at me, the sky suddenly became full of seeds of pure white fluff that floated in. In front of me they spiraled and lingered upon my person, and little by little they settled upon my shoulders.
多么美丽的种子啊,我不禁高声惊叹。
Such beautiful seeds! I couldn’t refrain from loudly calling out in wonderment!
而那蓝肤少年也面露欣喜,垂下了弓弩,脸上的敌意也不知不觉消失殆尽
As well, the faces of the blue-skinned youngsters exploded with joy. They put down their crossbows and unconsciously the hostility in their faces disappeared.

Bizarre seeds that dropped from the sky.

那神秘女郎见到漫空飘飞的奇异种子,竟突然转身,向雨林深处狂奔而去。
Once the mysterious girl saw the sky was full of floating bizarre seeds, she unexpectedly turned and madly ran off to the most distant part of the rain forest.
她的身影消失在巨大的望天树之后。
Her shadow disappeared underneath the enormously tall Skygazer trees.
她去了哪里?难道她刻意逃避我?我不由放声高呼。
Where did she go? Could it be that she is deliberately trying to escape me? I could not help but let loose a high cry.

Where am I? Who am I?

我望了一眼那对蓝肤少年,他们露出会心的微笑。虽然他们并未开口说话,但我却感觉到他们似乎正鼓励着我。
I turned one eye towards the blue-skinned youths and they revealed an understanding smile. Even though they have not yet said a word to me, I still felt as though they were encouraging me.
我又抬头望向神秘女郎消失的方向,然后定了定神,迈腿向望天树丛中狂奔而去。
I lifted my head in the direction of the vanished mysterious girl, and once I collected myself, I lifted my my foot in the direction of the Skygazer trees and began to run wildly.
我一定要找到她!
I must find her!



Running wildly in the rain forest.


在望天树下的一片灌木丛中,我再次见到了那位神秘女郎。她站在有着宽幅叶片的雨林植株后,嘴角微翘,朝我浅笑。
Underneath the Skygazer trees and amidst the brush, I caught another glimpse of the mysterious girl. She stood underneath a wide broad leaf of a rainforest plant and with the corners of her mouth raised, faced me and smiled.
她从地上拾起几粒奇形怪状的野果,装盛在叶片做成的托盘上,递给了我。
She put a few grotesque wild fruit on a leaf as a makeshift serving tray and offered it to me.
是给我吃的吗?这果子能吃吗?
Is this for me to eat? Are these fruits edible?
记得有人告诉我,在深山老林里不要随便吃树上的野果,因为野果如果真能吃,早就被森林里的松鼠吃掉了。
I remember someone once told me, deep in the old forests of mountains it is not necessary to eat wild fruits. If they are edible, then they can be given to squirrels to eat instead of us.
女郎似乎看出了我的想法,向我投以鼓励的眼光。
It seemed as though the girl could see my meaning, and threw an encouraging glance my way.
我鼓起勇气,接过一粒果子,放入口中。酸酸的,又带有一点甜味,没想到还挺好吃的。
I gathered my courage and took a fruit and put it to my mouth. It was sour and yet had a sweet flavor to it, and I never thought it could taste so good.
然后,我忍不住又伸手在树叶托盘上取了一粒野果。
Afterwards, I couldn’t help but reach out into the tree above and pick a fruit myself.


Once again we meet

当我吃下这甜美的果实后,那种有着白色绒毛的种子再次从天而至,盘旋着落在我与她的肩上。
After I had eaten the fruit the pure white fluffy seeds came back. They spiraled around the two of us and landed on our shoulders.
神秘女郎平摊双手,凝神注视着手中一团有着白色绒毛的种子。
The mysterious girl spread out her two hands widely focused her gaze on a white fluffy seed that landed in the middle of her palm.
那是什么?我正疑惑,一阵香甜的微风袭来,白色的种子飘出她的掌心,在空中盘旋着,慢慢落下。
What is it? While I was feeling uncertain, a sweet fragrant gust of wind came and blew the white seed off her palm and could be seen spiraling again in the air, slowly drifting down.
呵,真是太美了!
My, such exquisite beauty!
片刻之后,她抬起头,将朱唇凑到我耳边,轻声呢喃道:“你果然也是阿莲雅。”
After a short while she raised her head and placed her bright red lips next to my ear and lightly whispered: “You really are Alianya”.
阿莲雅?什么是阿莲雅?我已经是第二次听到了这个词语。
Alianya? What is Alianya? I have already heard this word twice.


The bizarre seeds once again fall down from the sky on me.

神秘女郎似乎看出了我的困惑。她拈着一朵种子,对我说道:“只有心灵纯洁的勇者,才会让树精灵的种子自空中盘旋而下。”
It seemed as though the mysterious girl could see my bewilderment. She picked up a seed and said to me, “Only a hero with a pure heart and soul would have the tree’s spirit seeds come spiral around them.”
树精灵?心灵纯洁的勇者?
Tree spirit? A hero with a pure soul?
哦,我曾经鼓足勇气走过了望天树间的空中走廊,已经证明了我有着一颗勇敢的心。而现在白色种子的飘落,又证明了我是个心灵纯洁的人?
Well, I once had bravely crossed the Skygazer tree corridor which was mounted up in the sky; by doing so that had already proved my bravery. And now these white seeds have drifted down; does this mean I have a pure soul?
神秘女郎朝我点了点头,又在我耳边低语道:“是的,你就是上天赐予阿莲雅族人的勇者!我们需要你,需要你的帮助!”
The mysterious woman nodded her head, and again spoke softly into my ear, “Yes, you are Alianya, the people’s hero as bestowed by Heaven itself! We need you, we need your help!”


Spiraling in the air.


The story continues on from there. How will it end? even though that's alot of blue paint to go through, part two is coming right up.

Here are some Chinese netizen reactions:

Comments:
作者:网速不好 回复日期:2010-05-06 23:11:50   
niubility

作者:imuomuo 回复日期:2010-05-07 13:22:46 
有才 有才 太有才了 无比膜拜
Truly talented, truly truly talent, for you that is without peer, I prostrate myself at your feet.


作者:n334 回复日期:2010-05-07 10:52:03 
阿凡真的是在版纳拍的啊?要真的,我们版纳人真的是骄傲了!!!顶起!!~~
Avatar really was filmed in Xishuangbanna? If true, then we Xishuangbanna people are truly proud! Ding! (support)

作者:貓小九 回复日期:2010-05-07 00:48:45 
女主角身材好正點餓~~~~~~~~
The lead female actress’ body is really hawt
  
  女主角身材好正點餓~~~~~~~~
  
  女主角身材好正點餓~~~~~~~~
  
  女主角身材好正點餓~~~~~~~~
  
  女主角身材好正點餓~~~~~~~~
  
  女主角身材好正點餓~~~~~~~~
  
  女主角身材好正點餓~~~~~~~~
  
作者:wlw66 回复日期:2010-05-26 20:14:23 
不是说还有视频吗
Don’t be saying there’s a video too?

作者:mykons 回复日期:2010-05-26 19:00:21 
山寨!山寨!也够强的!
Shanzhai, shanzhai! (Fake, fake!) But strong enough nonetheless!

作者:hurong_915 回复日期:2010-05-26 16:48:18 
楼主真的很有才,用心了!
LZ (topic starter) really does have talent, keep at it!

作者:坟地管埋员 回复日期:2010-05-06 20:13:57 
我只关心那个没穿衣服的女人是不是真的裸着的?
I’m only concerned about the naked girl, has she really exposed herself?
  
  我只关心那个没穿衣服的女人是不是真的裸着的?
  
  我只关心那个没穿衣服的女人是不是真的裸着的?
  
  我只关心那个没穿衣服的女人是不是真的裸着的?
  
  我只关心那个没穿衣服的女人是不是真的裸着的?
  
  我只关心那个没穿衣服的女人是不是真的裸着的?
  
  我只关心那个没穿衣服的女人是不是真的裸着的?
  
  我只关心那个没穿衣服的女人是不是真的裸着的?
  
  我只关心那个没穿衣服的女人是不是真的裸着的?
  
  我只关心那个没穿衣服的女人是不是真的裸着的?
  
  我只关心那个没穿衣服的女人是不是真的裸着的?
  
  我只关心那个没穿衣服的女人是不是真的裸着的?
  
  我只关心那个没穿衣服的女人是不是真的裸着的?
  

作者:dongbufengsha 回复日期:2010-05-06 16:39:31 
太有才了,顶顶顶!
Really you have so much talent, ding! (support)

作者:jxh981 回复日期:2010-05-06 22:22:16 
这牛b啊
Very NB
这女的不错
Also, the broad ain’t bad

作者:韦芈1 回复日期:2010-05-06 22:19:44 
白天我和个哈尼族的小姑娘聊天,我问她们和汉人有什么区别,她说没区别,她们皮肤黑点而已.我觉得自己也挺黑的,觉得彼此距离更近了.晚上就看到庄秦在意淫哈尼故事,油然有了同仇敌忾的心
During the day I would talk with the Hani girl and I’d ask her what is the difference between her and Han Chinese (ethnic majority of China). She would reply that there is no difference, just that her skin is darker, that’s all. I felt that mine was dark as well, and that the distance between us grew shorter. At night we’d listen to Zhuang Qin庄秦 erotic Hani psychic masturbation stories, and oiled up we find we have a similar common hatred of the enemy.

作者:梁靖镪 回复日期:2010-05-06 23:26:30 
女主角的波真大啊!
The main actresses tits are really big.

作者:阿呆不是阿瓜 回复日期:2010-05-07 10:24:21 
女主角好像露点了阿,鼻血中。。。
The lead main actress looks like she’s leaking something, a nosebleed maybe…

作者:masonallen 回复日期:2010-05-07 15:36:52 
阿凡达四根手指
In “Avatar” they only have four fingers

作者:寒露清霜 回复日期:2010-05-07 21:18:08 
有才,摄影和化妆都很专业啊
Talented, taking pictures and doing make-up are both specialized fields

作者:我是三三儿 回复日期:2010-05-09 19:22:00 
那个蓝色的皮肤是怎么弄出来的呢?
This “blue skin” technique is achieved in what way?
化妆还是PS??
Make-up or Photoshop?
求解答!
I need an answer!


作者:chris1525 回复日期:2010-05-10 01:06:48 
女主角身材太好了。。她那种身材就应该给别人分享!!
The lead main actress is really too amazing. With that kind of figure she should let other people enjoy it!

作者:gjqqkk 回复日期:2010-05-08 02:05:36 
我恨那小闪光
I hate that little flash of light


And now, just some more pictures if you haven't had enough. Because no, no you haven't.


Alianya.com
2010年游客最有创意的游记
Tourism’s most creative memorable moments for the year 2010
中国最像潘多拉星球的地方
China’s destination that most resembles the planet of Pandora
2010 年5 月份一位来自重庆的游客在网络发布了游览我景区后的游记作品
Tourists: in May, 2010 come to Chongqing and see for yourself the internet-made-famous scenic spot









The above is a shot taken by the "Alianya" production crew while on location in Xishuangbanna, and the below is concept art for the film "Avatar". Go figure.


Part Two is next.

No comments:

Post a Comment