Saturday, June 26, 2010

If You Are the One:The Crying Soldier(English)


Skip to 7:46 and witness genius; me, I'll figure out how to edit these things soon.

This is the english translation of "If you are the One". I picked a very self-contradictory show, but man, the pay off is astonishing. Way better than "Big Brother" or "The Biggest Loser", two shows that China could not possible identify with.

Enjoy.

Host:

Okay, let’s hope our next

Guest’s luck will be better

Let’s get out our third contestant


King of the Pine: (24years old)

Hi everybody, I come from Four Rivers (Sichuan)


Host:

King of the Pine, welcome

Can you please introduce yourself to

Us completely

Age, where you come from


King of the Pine:

I’m 24 years old, and I come from Four Rives


Host:

Become the Capital (Chengdu), Friendship Guest City (Yibin)

Won’t you please explain to all of us

Your uniform


King of the Pine:

I come from Four Rivers province, Become the Capital city

Where I’m a rescuer


Host:

In the midst of that applause

I can imagine

That you have a connection with

All the recent events that have happened within the country

The place of your..

What is the nature of your rescue team?

Full name, please tell us the full name of your unit


King Pine:

National Lotus Military Stationed Jade Spring Algamated Unit


Host:

We can call it the National Rescue Unit

You are not the first person here on this stage

To wear a uniform

But of this special unit

We should say


Cheerful Praise:

The first one


Host:

The first one

We should express to you

A special welcome

How about some applause everyone?


King of the Pine:

Thank you


Host:

Take a look at the 24 girls on stage

Your most favorite is whom?

Please think it over

(#14)


I hope very much that you will be able

To arrive at the “Advantage: Male” stage

When you’ll be able to meet this girl

Face to face


King of the Pine:

Okay


Host:

Okay now?

In front of me, you 24 girls

In regards to his choice of military uniform

Our member of the national rescue unit

What impression do you have?

Please think it over

(First love impressions)


Please make your decision

(20/24 remaining)


Okay, tonight you are the first male

Contestant to enter the

“Remaining in the Top 20” club

Yes, girl #20


Plum Dream Dew: (23 years old, five star hotel marketing director)

I feel he relies solely on his uniform

At my first opportunity I can not reject him because of that

I have a deep-seated admiration towards

His field of work

Thank you


King of the Pine:

Thank you


Thanks Excellence: (22 years old, student)

Previously the earthquake at Green Ocean (Qinghai) Treasure Tree (Baoshu)

Afterwards

Anyways, it really worried people

Therefore, his personal experience

Really makes people admire him

I really want to thank you, really


King of the Pine:

Thank you


Thank Excellence:

Thank you


Host:

I feel we should

We a word of thanks to you

Okay, for the rest of the remaining 20 players

Let’s take a look at his personal information

(Another Love Evaluation)

Hi everybody, my name is King of the Pines

I come from Four Rivers, Friendship Guest City

From the Stationed Jade Spring Rescue team

I started here in the field of rescue

Over three years ago

The number of rescues I’ve performed I don’t remember

From the beginning up to now

I’ve performed tens upon tens of rescues

My most memorable rescue was

When we did the flooding accident

At that time the first floor of a house

Was completely submerged




…and the safety of life

We passed by a small inflatable boat transporting some property

As it returned a little bit of it was lost

I personally felt very proud

Also, my father had gotten sick

During the time he was working in the coal mines

Due to a sudden tear

A tear in the windpipe

Afterwards, he wasn’t able to breathe properly

He contracted chronic bronchitis

Each time I saw my father get sick

I cried

There was this one time my father almost passed away

I was very sad

At that time I hadn’t started to work yet

So I applied for

The coal mine rescue team

I felt very proud

Each person I am able to save

I feel very happy

When we are doing our job as coal mine rescuers

We have one objective and that is

While other people are fleeing to a safer location

We are headed into the danger zone itself

If I can save one person, then I will save one person

If I can save two people, then I will do that

I will fulfill my responsibilities

All of my responsibilities with all of my strength

To go save each person


Host:

We can see that his eyes

Are full of tears

This should be because of his many

Personal experiences and history

There are many things that are hard for us to imagine

As we just saw in that clip there is a phrase

That during a mining disaster

While other people are going someplace safe

You are going towards someplace dangerous

Did any of your co-workers go to

The King Family mountain range mining disaster?


King of the Pine:

I didn’t go

Afterwards, our unit at the Becoming Capital Rescue base

Were sent there


Host:

How many times have you went into a mine

To perform rescue operations?


King of the Pine:

I don’t know how many times

The injury caused to my ear

Happened during one of these mining disasters

During the rescue it got injured


Host:

So you’re saying you already don’t remember the number of times?


King of the Pine:

That’s correct


Host:

Earthquakes, floods, mining disasters: all of these you’ve gone to


King of the Pine:

Yes, earthquakes and mining disasters I have all gone to


Host:

You’ve done this how many times?

Approximately how many times

Have you done this sort and kind of rescue work?


King of the Pine:

I’ve done this job for over three years

And I can’t remember, I’m not sure


Host:

Actually, we really want to know

The specific number

Now if we were in your shoes

Every time we rescued someone

Every minute would likely be

A horrifying experience

But regarding these people

This is just another day on the job

It’s like as if you were to ask a public transportation driver

How many times have you driven on your route

Just the same, he won’t be able to precisely answer you

What we want to know is

As we just saw in the clip

You monthly income

Is 1500 yuan


King of the Pine:

Yes


Host:

This is a

Job in which at any time you can come in contact with death

This income of 1500 yuan a month

We should point out, is rather low

With such little income

You still risk your life in such danger

Where do you get your strength?


King of the Pine:

My strength come from the fact that order to replace national property

I would rather sacrifice myself

And would exchange with the country a loss on my behalf

Seeing other people reunite with their families

I would also cry

We would, how do you say it,

A person’s heart is nurtured, is grown

It’s made all out of emotion

For example, right now all of my co-workers

All of them right now are at Green Ocean (Qinghai) rescuing

We were left behind

Because over there at the Four River (Sichuan)

There were more of us

And we were responsible or that side

A person can’t go to all places at once

Afterwards, I

Went to the front line at Green River (Qinghai) to meet my fellow soldiers

And to the assortment of military and non-military personnel there

I wish to pay my highest respects

(salutes)


Host:

We can imagine

From last year’s Wen river (no meaning) earthquake

To the King Family mountain range mining disaster

You and your fellow soldiers

Have done all of the country’s internal rescue operations


King of the Pine:

We have

Host:

Is there a female contestant

Who would like to ask a question?

I can see #20 Murdering Happy


Murdering Happy:

Please excuse me


Host:

Are you crying?


Murdering Happy: (22 years old, private foreign capital investor)

I’m very sorry

First I’d like to

I am deeply moved by his line of work

That is because

Mainly because of

The emotion he spoke of regarding

His father


Host:

Are you thinking of your own father?


Murdering Happy:

No

I can see that he is deeply moved by his face

And so I, very sorry, I can’t control myself


Host:

Last Name Beautiful, would you like to ask him something?


Last Name Beautiful:

I feel that you are a true man

Really


King of the Pine:

Thank you


Murdering Ocean Peace: (23 years old, private business entrepreneur)

A lot of people say that when I

Speak I say a lot of harsh words

However, I think he has many fellow soldiers

Who certainly watch our show

On TV

I think for this contestant

I will keep my light on for you until the very end

Perhaps we are not suitable for each other

But to show my appreciation and deep thanks to you

As well as to show my appreciation to your fellow soldiers


Host:

Come, let’s take a look at the next short clip

(Relationship experience)


King of the Pine:

The reason I have a child

As well as being married

Is because of my family

Because in my family there is only one child

My grandfather and grandmother and father and mother

All love me dearly with all their hearts

And they are afraid that when while on a rescue mission

Or when I’m rushing to the scene of a rescue

That an accident could happen

They couldn’t see my reasoning

So afterwards they made me get married earlier

And have children earlier

At that time I was not very satisfied

I felt that this kind of marriage

Came too suddenly

I felt as though I couldn’t accept this

But according to my grandfather and grandmother

I dearly love my grandfather and grandmother

After they had explained the reasons to me

I accepted

But now I am very regretful

Because my child now doesn’t have a mother

I hope to find someone understanding

Someone who doesn’t smoke nor drink

As long as she treats me well, my child

Treats my family well, then that will be okay

If she treats my family well

I only have one habitual trait

I am a deeply emotional and affectionate man

For her I would be willing to

Give up my own life

I would be willing

(remaining contestants: 11/24)


Host:

Often we will hear some people say

I am willing to give my life up for you

So to say, the majority of these situations

Is just talk, that’s all

However, we believe

That standing on this stage, this male contestant

Is completely capable of doing just that

Does everyone believe that?

Contestant #14


Yan Trend Good-looking: (24 years old, make-up artist)

However, I don’t think that you should talk like that

Because I know that you are a very filial child

You obey and love your grandfather and grandmother

And you dearly love your child

For them

You must live a good life

You must value your life

Even if you aren’t

Entrusted to your

Family

Likely, I feel

That I am a well satisfied individual

Even if you value your own life

You can’t just lightly say those words

Perhaps you can give your life away

But we need you

Your country needs you


Cheerful Praise: (Founder of the Color Character School)

Contestant #14 rarely speaks out

The reason why she spoke out today

Is because her father

Had left her at a very early age

So therefore once she saw your clip

She would be sympathetic


King of the Pine:

Thank you


Host:

Ocean Peace, do you have anything else to ask?


Murdering Ocean Peace:

Sometimes

We don’t have to

That is to say, each person that does something

Doesn’t have to be so, so, so good

And that’s not to say each earthquake

We all want to go, that is to say, we want to go save people

Sometimes during our lives

Simply just do one thing

Probably this world is not the same

Each good thing

Probably an ambition, that’s not to say

In order to let any number of people appreciate you

Really, is to let each person do more

So the world would be brighter a little more

Like stars in the sky


King of the Pine:

Thank you for your evaluation


Host:

Number 11, “Naughty”

How should I understand

Your light has been on up until now

Is it because you respect his profession

Or is it because you have picked him?


“Naughty”: (24 years old, professional model)

I have no reason to reject him

I feel that he is too great

Actually, I feel that I’m not good enough to be his girlfriend

I can’t be the things you want

You want a lot of things

I have kept my light on for you as a sign of respect

I don’t have any other reason

Sorry


Host:

A young person

So early has already gotten married

Due to family reasons

Right now he is still rearing a child

He has come to this stage

To deal with this in a practical way

To find a himself a female companion

To find his soulmate

A very important element to this is

To find his child

A mother

Therefore in regards to the female contestants on the stage, in this regard

You all have to face

Many other pressures

Cheerful Praise advisor

Do you have any advice for them?


Cheerful Praise:

But all of you have to think carefully

Even if

I have never ever seen before

Such an simple and honest

Man of this type, really beyond the boundary

He probably hasn’t ever personally experienced

Love

That fundamental

Feeling of love has what kind of feeling

But he already has a child

Now, he has come here

But you have to think it over

I am not saying of something lofty and special

But you at the very least need to take into consideration

His marriage experience, he has a child

Are you willing to take care of all of this?

But there is one thing for sure here

Back then, if you have seen

That emotional movie “Titanic”

He is that

Character “Jack” in that movie


Host:

That is what I was just saying

Maybe other men

Will during their sweet talk

Pledge everlasting love

Will say to you, “I’m willing to die for you”

“I willing to do whatever”

Although in each person’s life

Just like Yan Trend Good-looking

We need to respect our own lives

We need to value ourselves

For the sake of our family

For the sake of our country

But I agree with Cheerful Praise’s evaluation

It’s the same

This man is perfectly willing

To lay down his life

For his family

Now, I have to tell you

Congratulations! You made it to the Men’s Advantage Round!

(Reverse Advantage)

(400yuan)


Host:

At the moment, there are four lights still remaining

Your next task will be to

Go over there and turn off the ones you don’t want

And come back here


King of the Pine:

Okay

(salutes the girls he rejects)


Host:

Now let’s invite contestant 11 and 15

To come on down, now let’s see

Who is the girl King of the Pine secretly chose

On the big screen

Number 14, Yan2 Style Good-looking


Host:

It is my impression




That “Naughty” has been here

Relatively few times, isn’t that right?

How many times?

Do you recall?


“Naughty”:

Never


Host:

Did you hear that?

This is “Naughty’s” first time

That she kept her light on for a male contestant

Right until the very end and was invited out to the end

This is her first time


King of the Pine:

Thank you


Host:

Now, this is a rare sight

Okay, your first ability is

From a selection of 10 personal questions from these girls

You can choose one, and to further help you clarify

Take a look on the big screen


King of the Pine:

Okay

“Do you mind if my grandfather and grandmother come live with us?”


Host:

Okay, let’s take a look at question number eight

And the answers of these three girls

“Naughty”: can’t allow

Because if will interfere with my private life

Number 14, Yan2 Style Good-Looking: I don’t mind

Number 15, Warm feeling: I hope we don’t all live together

Your next ability is

To ask a personal question to

Help you further understand


King of the Pine:

I’d like to ask

These female contestants

Would you be willing or not

To raise my child with me

Because I really love him


Host:

Who would you first like to answer?


King of the Pine:

Number 14


Yan2 Style Good-Looking:

I’m going to still say it

Actually, I don’t mind your situation

Your child I also don’t mind

Because I really like kids

Naturally, I would also hope to have kids with you

However, you don’t properly value your life

I know

You could probably do it for the country

Or maybe do it for people you save

Who really need the help

But, I feel you

Honestly don’t know to value your life

You can’t say lightly say things like that

Because you can die


Host:

I think you the background behind why she would say such things

Cheerful Praise advisor

Had already informed us

Do you understand?


King of the Pine:

I understand


Host:

Contestant 15


Warm feeling: (23 years old, sales clerk at a company)

If to say two people can get along

Then a child shouldn’t be as problem

But for your girlfriend you should

Umm

Have a different second half of your life

Even if not for yourself

Do it for her

You should value your own life


Host:

Contestant 11


“Naughty”:

I don’t know

If you understand me

I am a model

In fact, I don’t mind your child

Or anything else in your family

I don’t mind, and I won’t be indifferent

You have a monthly salary of 1500 yuan

However, I want to make this clear to you

For my job each month

I have to fly to many different places

I don’t know if you can accept this


Host:

That’s right

If you want to have a new household

So to say, have someone watch over your child

This is a realistic/practical problem

Because in her line of work

The time she spends at home will not be very much

But she has left her light on to the very end

In this way

Has expressed her

Attitude

And her feeling

I hope that you can

Take their three answers an think it through clearly


King of the Pine:

Host,

If its okay I’d like to say a word


Host:

Please do


King of the Pine:

I’d like to express my appreciation

I highly respect all of you, honestly

(salutes)


I'd first like to say

That I didn’t say

How do I say it?

Because right now I have a child

I really understand the situation

Although my child’s mother is no longer with us

But I feel my child

Living with my family

I am very happy

I’d like to find a mother who will love him dearly

When his mother first passed

I even kneeled down and asked her

For our child, please don’t go

But she chose to leave

There’s nothing that can be done about it

And maybe it’s because all of my reasons

Because I’m so busy with work

Being a member of the rescue team

And don’t have any time to accompany her

Saving people is my job

Since I have to do it then I’ll do it

And that’s not to say that I will sacrifice my life

Firstly,

National property and public safety

Is our duty as members of the rescue team

And we will fulfill our duties to the very best of our abilites

Although I don’t consider myself to be a great man

But I can be the best that I can be

If all I could exert on my own

Was just a meager strength

Then it would make me happy if I could do that

And if I could exchange with the motherland a loss on my behalf

I also would be very happy


Host:

Good

Thank you

Now it’s time to

Make the final decision


King of the Pine:

Before I make my final decision


Cheerful Praise:

Wait a moment, King of the Pine

Because you do a lot of things

For other people

Therefore

In this regard from my personal perspective

I hope today you can be very happy

When you leave this stage

Now, continuing on you will make a decision

And the host Un-eldest has already explained

The rules of the game to you

I don’t know who you will choose

However, I can very precisely explain to you

In all my time being here

I can understand the object of your affection

She once

This is her second time forgetting herself

There has already been one time in which she could not accept

The reason for not accepting is

She fears the thought of loving a family member

And makes her have no choice

But to accept this fact

Therefore, if you are going to persist

And pick the girl of your dreams, so to say

Because your job

And the line of work you do itself

Will then become her responsibility as well

And leave upon her an indelible impression for life

Therefore you have a chance

Of retreating in defeat

But I really really hope that you

Will be very happy today

With your result today


Host:

I think that you understand

Cheerful Praise’s words


King of the Pine:

I can understand


Host:

Is it clear?


King of the Pine:

Very clear


Host:

Okay, thank you Cheerful Praise

Come and make tonight’s final decision


King of the Pine:
I have stayed true to my feelings and

Stuck with the same person

I still choose contestant 14


Host:

You two ladies please return to your spots

At last, we’ll give you two one minute


King of the Pine:

I am not saying

That what you said about

Me giving my life away for whatever

However, we should consider what context it is in

For example, when I’m saving someone

Each time I am

Rushing to the first one

Why?

Because other people when they are in distress

As a member of the rescue team

The first person to show up on the scene

Sometimes gets hurt

My co-workers as well as my fellow soldiers say, “You’re bleeding

You’ve gotten hurt”

But afterwards we will laugh it off

“No problem”

Anyways

The victims are still inside

We first must take care of this situation

Once we take care of their situation

We will then take care of our own

Our friends come by

And they ask me

Your salary is so low

Why do you have to do this line of work?

I answer that I feel happy

If I can

Save one person

Even though it’s my job

I still feel very happy


Host:

Good
I hope contestant 14

You’ve just passed through a period of time

In which you can understand and sympathize

With his situation

Now it is time for you to make a decision


Yan2 Style Good-Looking:

I know that you have your way of loving someone

But have you considered

That a person who has lost a loved one

Fears losing another loved one again?

If you are my husband

You will probably feel

That your wounds

Or some cuts and scrapes

You will think it is no problem

But I will feel pained and saddened

Let alone the possibility that you lose your life

You are great and I really admire you

But I’m really scared of losing the one I love the most

I probably don’t have same amount of greatness that you do

I hope that my husband

Will forever be at my side

And with me take care of our kids

Forever accompany me

Sorry


Host:

Good

King of the Pine

We have heard contestant 14’s answer

A great pity


Cheerful Praise:

Un-eldest host, hold on a minute

King of the Pine

Normally there would be some people

Leave messages on my blog

And inquire about getting the phone numbers for male contestants

Normally I don’t know

But before we conclude tonight

I earnestly request you to leave your phone number

And I’ll do what I can

Everything that is in my power to do

Okay?


King of the Pine:

Thank you, Cheerful Praise advisor

(Leaves the stage in failure)


I think that her words

Are very correct

Since I chose her

Then I should provide her with a

Warm and cozy family

And normally accompany her at her side

But because of reason associated with my job

I would probably not be able to be with her

I feel that the reasons she gave

I understand

My future thinking is

To continue working as a rescue worker

To keep saving people

And afterwards

If there is someone suitable

If I can find

Someone to be in a mutually loving relationship

To be my faithful companion and grow old together


Host:

I can remember back in 2008

The Wen1 River earthquake

Happened on May 12

And 18 days later the People’s Daily

On May 30th printed an essay

The title was “Deep Distress Resurrects a Nation”

From that day up until now

From the Wen1 River earthquake

To the King Family mountain range coal mine disaster

Up to now

And not long before this was the Treasure Tree earthquake

And it made me think

That essay in the People’s Daily

Our people, our ethnic groups

Have experienced many hardships

Therefore, just like we have just seen

In people like King of the Pine

That they are the backbone of our people

We should express our heartfelt thanks

To him and to his comrades

Because Yan2 Style Good-Looking had lost her father

This type of special reason

In the end she rejected King of the Pine

And this made us all very regretful

Here

We hope that after we broadcast this episode

That all of our female viewers watching at home

If there is anyone

Willing to be with him

You are invited to give us “If you are the one”

A call

Or try us on our official website

And leave us a message

We will pass on your sentiments

We also hope King of the Pine

Can finally pass through our stage here at

“If you are the one”

And find real love

We wish him happiness


Wow. That really aired on Chinese mainland tv. Everybody watched it but no one knew about it!




No comments:

Post a Comment